ALL items and patterns on this web site and web shop are designed for display in Dolls Houses and are NOT available in full size.
Nous parlons français, donc si vous souhaitez correspondre en français, n'hésitez pas.
Patterns & Materials
Our full range of patterns (with needle & wool requirements) can be found on our online store. We have over a hundred 1:12th (one inch) scale and 1:24th (half inch) scale knitting patterns, covering the period from the13th Century to the present day. We also have a range of Traditional British knitting patterns, including, Arans, fishing ganseys and Shetland Lace.
• All 1/12th scale patterns can be adapted for 1/16th scale by knitting with needles two sizes smaller.
• Men’s patterns can be knitted for 1/12th scale ladies or youths by using size 21 needles instead of size 19 needles.
• Most patterns contain more than one item, a few patterns may also contain crochet, these are all clearly marked.
• All patterns come with a 1/12th or 1/24th scale pattern for your little people.
• Some patterns are graded as suitable for Intermediate or experienced knitters. This refers to knitting in miniature as well as full size. If this is your first attempt at miniature knitting try a simple pattern first.
Miniature crochet patterns
We have a range of miniature crochet patterns in both 1:12th (one inch) and 1:24th (half inch) scale. These are mainly for household items and Christmas decorations from Victorian times to the present day.
Patterns for small Teddy Bears
As Teddy bears have different proportions to humans we have designed some patterns, which are suitable for small teddy bears.
Note: Our patterns are for private use only. Reproducing or transmitting these patterns by any means for any purpose other than for personal use constitutes a violation of copyright law.
Most of our patterns are now also available to buy as instantly downloadable pdf files from our Ravelry store
Knitting needles, crochet hooks and yarn
We make our own range of knitting needles, which are available in both single pointed with colour coded knobs & double pointed sets of four. We also make cable needles in various sizes & stitch holders.
Charts for knitting needle and crochet hook size comparisons can be found here giving old UK, metric and US sizing
We stock crochet hooks in sizes from sizes 0.40 mm up to 1.25 mm
We carry a stock of mothproofed 1-ply woollen yarns, cottons, acrylic and fancy 1-ply yarns. We have stocks of fine crochet cottons (size 80) and also some Turkish Tatting threads No 70. The full range of colours can be found on the online store.
We also carry a stock of small bags of polyester filling, fine net pieces, small beads, 2 mm silk ribbons and occasionally fabrics suitable for use in dolls houses.